[edk2-devel] Replacing Eth0 with USB Tethering

CrossedCarpet crossedcarpet at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 12 16:04:44 UTC 2023

Greetings,
As newer laptops start lacking Ethernet ports, I started investigating the possibility of using *USB Tethering* as a replacement, to *allow for internet connection at boot*.
Current attempts at employing *ifconfig* to configure a Tether connection failed to display anything meaningful.
This made me reach the conclusion that UEFI doesn't support this protocol and as such one must somehow implement it.
Is this correct? If I were to do so, would you be so kind to give me some pointers?
If this is also in the interest of somebody else, a contribution with a patch like so would then be welcome?
Grateful for your attention,
C.C.

View/Reply Online (#108546): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/108546
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io