[edk2-devel] gTest code coverage

CrossedCarpet crossedcarpet at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 19 16:44:36 UTC 2023

Thank you for your reply!
Unfortunately, I was aware of that documentation, I quoted it in my original email when asking for help in its interpretation.

I have been using the build system instead of the stuart abstraction. If I try using it in my current setup I get a bug saying my HostTestPkg is unsupported.
Anyhow, I'd love to figure out why isn't the build system generating these gcno and gcda files anymore.

When building my LibraryClasses this is the command that gets run:

"gcc" -o /edk2/edk2/Build/CustomLibs/DEBUG_GCC/X64/GoogleTestStringUtilsLib -m64 -no-pie -Wl,--start-group,@/edk2/edk2/Build/CustomLibs/DEBUG_GCC/X64/MdePkg/Test/GoogleTest/Library/CustomLibs/StringUtils/StringUtils/OUTPUT/static_library_files.lst,--end-group -lgcov -lpthread -lstdc++ -lm

I have been able to modify it in my own HostTestPkg.dsc with:

[BuildOptions.common.EDKII.HOST_APPLICATION]
GCC:*_GCC5_*_CC_FLAGS = --coverage -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage
# or
GCC:*_*_X64_DLINK_FLAGS  == -o $(BIN_DIR)/$(MODULE_NAME_GUID) -fprofile-arcs -ftest-coverage -m64 -no-pie

But to no avail, I've only been able to generate weird intermediate files like: GoogleTestStringUtilsLib.ltrans0.ltrans.gcno

This is how I invoke the build command:
build -a X64 -b DEBUG -t GCC -D DISABLE_NEW_DEPRECATED_INTERFACES -p MdePkg/Test/GoogleTest/Library/CustomLibs/HostTestPkg.dsc"

Help is greatly appreciated. I believe I'm overthinking it and the solution is more straightforward than this.
C.C.

View/Reply Online (#108851): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/108851
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io