[edk2-devel] Maybe it is time to update code style?

Andrew Fish via groups.io afish=apple.com at groups.io
Mon Sep 25 15:39:25 UTC 2023

It took me 2-3 weeks to flip my brain over to the 2 space indent. It was not so bad when I was just working on EFI stuff but if switch around between projects my editor having the wrong settings gets a lit old sometimes.

The history of this was some of the old Intel legacy BIOS devs really pushed for the 2 spaces vs. 4 spaces so we let them have a win in the requirements. Turns out they have an old dot matrix printer with that old computer paper that had alternating colors on every line to make it easier to read the code. They pushed for 2 spaces so less code would line wrap on their team printer…..

Thanks,

Andrew Fish

View/Reply Online (#109046): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/109046
Group Owner: devel+owner at edk2.groups.io