[edk2-devel] Uploading to fd file flash chip

Alireza Banejad alibanejad1376 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 14:17:52 UTC 2023

Hi everybody,
I have built the Whisky Lake platform and I got the fd file but now I want
to upload it into my motherboard's flash chip but I haven't found the right
way of doing so. it seems I need to translate it into a *.rom file but I
don't know how to do that. I have already built a coreboot firmware with
the edk2 as payload and uploaded it into the flash IC using the flashrom
software and a ch341a programmer. but then I found out that edk2 has a repo
for building on different silicon so I successfully built the Whisky Lake
board and got the fd file but I don't know what to do next. can anybody
help me on this?

Thanks,
Alireza

View/Reply Online (#109069): https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/109069