meetings and some issues

Joshua Daniel Franklin jdf.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 17:52:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Ray Van Dolson  wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 10:34:15AM -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> - How can we get better communication between EPEL and RHEL? ie, the
>>   recent packages they put in 5.3 without notifying or even providing a
>>   higher evr. ;(
>
> I assume there is a RHEL6 target in bz for internal folks, but I don't
> have access to it.  How should situations like this be handled?  I
> filed it against RHEL 5.5 and just mentioned what I wanted done.  We'll
> see what happens. :)

On RHEL mailing lists it has been suggested that the only way to
close the loop for organizational support is a Technical Account Manager
(TAM). Perhaps if Red Hat wanted to show support for the EPEL effort
they could assign a TAM to at least read the mailing list. This would be
a person at Red Hat who has full access to inside information and so
could at least say "hey, I'd hold off on that since it will be in 5.5" or maybe
answer direct questions off-list.