[et-mgmt-tools] Cobbler usage survey / needs

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Fri Dec 1 10:34:57 UTC 2006

David Lutterkort wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-11-29 at 15:18 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
>
>> fwiw, over the next few weeks I intend to look at some puppet+cobbler
>> integration, which might solve the first part of this issue.
>
> Interesting. How exactly are you planning on integrating them ? If it's
> just having kickstart set up puppet, I have some ks snippets floating
> around. Or are you thinking about something more ambitious ?

the essential idea is to have a post-install payload that drops off a
few bits, puppet included - that in turn can then hookup with
a central puppetier which in turn hosts its config's in a db backend,
with a sort of web interface to manage state and role.

contributions are welcome - and I am sure there are others on this list
who'd like to see some ks samples too :) so go ahead and post here, or
post elsewhere, and url here.