[et-mgmt-tools] cobbler using old IP address

Richard Abbott rabbott at ticom-geo.com
Mon Nov 26 17:22:34 UTC 2007

I am having an issue with cobbler holding onto an old ip address.

I have gotten cobbler installed and several systems successfully
reimaging themselves on a weekly basis from the cobbler server. Last
week it was necessary to change the ip address of the cobbler server
from 192.168.1.163 to 192.168.0.163. I have gone through and updated the
kickstart file to reflect the change and run a cobbler sync.

Then when I tried to reinstall one of the clients with koan I got the
following output

[root at camaro ~]# koan --server=192.168.0.163 --replace-self
- Auto detected: camaro
- using kickstart from cobbler:
http://192.168.1.163/cblr/kickstarts_sys/camaro/ks.cfg
Unable to download kickstart, perhaps cobbler sync was not run recently,
Apache is not running, or the server address in the cobbler settings
file is wrong.

I went through all of the files in the /var/www/cobbler
directories(distro, kickstarts, systems, etc.) and found 192.168.1.163
sprinkled in many different files. I went through and hand modified each
file to have the correct 0.163 address. When I ran cobbler sync again
all of the files reverted back to the 192.168.1.163 address.

I am not sure what I need to do to make the cobbler server files have
the correct addresses in them.

Thanks

--
Richard Abbott <rabbott at ticom-geo.com>