[et-mgmt-tools] koan automatic network configuration patch

Al Tobey tobert at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 00:33:49 UTC 2007

Attached is a patch to add a -A/--autonet option to koan.

As an introduction, here's the relevant part of the man page:

--autonet Tells koan to configure the installer's networking on the
kernel command line using ip=/netmask=/gateway=, etc..   First, it
will download the kickstart configuration and check for a network
--bootproto=static method.  If that fails and --replace-self has been
specified, it will use the current system's network configuration, as
found using iproute2.

Obviously this only supports Linux systems.    Also, this isn't really
useful to most people without cobbler 0.6.3 (unreleased) or weird
template hacks to do netmask/gateway lookups like I'm using.  It's
working really well for me both on Xen VM's and for re-imaging servers
to new/different OS's.

Please comment.
-Al Tobey