[et-mgmt-tools] bugreport virt-manager

faberd at vertis.nl faberd at vertis.nl
Thu Oct 18 14:22:08 UTC 2007

Hello,

I discovered a small bug in virt-manager, version 0.2.6.

When creating a new Paravirtualized server, and filing out a kickstart
url with an &-sign, the creation fails with a "ERROR:
virDomainCreaetLinux() failed"
The kickstart file I want to use is actually only accessable with a url
that has a &-sign, so I also tried to access it with the url encoded %26
url instead, so:
http://install/ks/index.cgi?h=xen%26r=rhel5-i386 instead of
http://install/ks/index.cgi?h=xen&r=rhel5-i386.
This one also fails, but a bit later, on the CLI with:
Entity: line 8: parser error : EntityRef: expecting ';'
install/yam/rhel5-i386/disc1  ks=http://install/ks/index.cgi?h=xen&r
                                                                  ^
Also putting quotes around the url did not help. I can work around this
by wget-ting the file first and storing it localy and using that file,
but this does seem to be a bug.

Kind regards,
  Dirk-Jan Faber