[et-mgmt-tools] Two easy to fix bugs in cobbler

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Tue Sep 25 15:19:53 UTC 2007

Michael DeHaan wrote :

> > Using "url --url $tree" in a kickstart file doesn't work with cobbler,
> > as it wants the equal sign : "url --url=$tree"... but both are valid
> > kickstart syntax, so cobbler should probably be fixed to allow both
> > syntaxes.
> >

> Cobbler accepts kickstart files as plaintext. What do you mean by
> "doesn't work with Cobbler"?
>
> It is true there's a regex in koan that needs to be tweaked to allow
> validation of the later, though I wasn't
> sure if you were talking about that or not.

Oops, yes, I got confused, everything is good on cobbler's side, and
the kickstart file validates, but koan reports that the url is missing
from the kickstart file. It took me a while to figure out it was
expecting the equal sign :-)

Thanks for the rest! I'll probably try out a current snapshot since
many of the issues I'm encountering seem to already be fixed ;-)

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.6-81.fc7
Load : 0.46 0.33 0.28