Re: I am confused

> > dd if=/dev/zero of=journal.dat bs=20M count=1
>
> Doing such a write all at once will be no different,
> fragmentation-wise, from creating it using 20,000 1k writes.
>
> Cheers,
>  Stephen

Well I successfully set up /home as ext3 on the rc1 box, now
the question is.... do I need to create a journal.dat on
each partition or can that one be used for all partitions
by specifying the inode <eg: journal=12>
Would a journal.dat on each partition (if allowed) slow this
puppy down?
Is it ok that the journal.dat resides in /home or can it
be put anywhere, sort of like a swap file being external?

Henri

--
"Between too good to be true and worse than you can imagine,
bet on worse."