Re: Kernel 2.4.3 & ext3 patchable?

I am in a situation where I absolutely need to run a redhat 2.4.2-2 kernel
because of other hardware/system requirements depending solely on 2.4.2-2.

Am I completely out of luck for ext3 with 2.4.2-2?  Even if the core
functionality of ext3 were available in an early beta; it would probably
be extremely buggy, no?  I ultimately need the system to be as stable as
2.4.2 will allow.  Stability being a wishful requirement; is ext2 my best
bet with 2.4.2-2?

All this said the underlying storage hardware being used is 7 raid0 arrays
of 680GB each.  endless fsck'in fun.. is there any hope for ext3 under
2.4.2?

Thanks,
Mike