Re: High load on Squid server after change from reiserfs to ext3

Hi,

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 02:17:35PM -0400, Andreas Jung wrote:

> That's right but we see these spikes sometimes over a period of 3-4 hours.
> And there is only a moderate disk IO during that time of about 2GB/hour
> since
> the squids have a very high overall highrate of 96% (50% memory hits).

Sounds as if one particular process is getting stuck in D state for an
extended length of time.  "ps aux" will show the state of all
processes --- wait for a spike, then run a few ps runs to see if there
is a process continually in that state.

Cheers,
 Stephen