Ext3 problem - lost files/directorys

Jure Pečar pegasus at nerv.eu.org
Wed Mar 3 23:22:38 UTC 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 23:24:33 +0100
"bill root" <pasdebill at hotmail.com> wrote:

> e2fsck 1.34 (25-Jul-2003)
> Group descriptors look bad... trying backup blocks...
> Superblock has a bad ext3 journal (inode 8).
> Clear<y>? yes

I managed to reach that same point in completely unrelated way ... somehow
irqs went foobar on my box and i did sysrq s u b ... after which my root fs
was toasted. obviously some garbage was synced on the drive and all that
fsck managed was to rescue a couple of files and put about 1/10 into
lost+found. Most of the data was in digital heaven ... Luckily i have
separate /usr /home /var partitions :)

kernel 2.6.1 and fsck 1.34

--

Jure Pečar