Re: mkfs under different kernels

Christopher Chan wrote:
Is there any difference between running mkfs.ext3 under a 2.4 kernel and running that under a 2.6 kernel?

Any benefits gained from doing it under 2.6?

Let me add some context. I am going to conduct some benchmarks between xfs and ext3 under different configurations and I wondered if running mkfs under different kernels would affect the results.