Enlarge ext3 Logical Volume (Filesystem) in a volume group (LVM)

Pluton Jacques jacques.duplessis at videotron.ca
Fri Nov 19 01:00:49 UTC 2004

We have 4 environment on our Dev. Server (Acceptance, Test, Volume,
Development).
Each of them have 3 filesystems (/Acc/DBF, /Acc/ARChive, /Acc/App).
We need top have them separated so we control the space allocated and used
by our DBA and Developper.
We try to stick with the structure that we all have on all our 30 servers.
It is easier to maintain.
Only size of filesystems vary from system to system not a new name each time
we need more space.
Some scripts and some applications required to be on 1 filesystem only.
If you backup image of your server onto 1 main server, the same script is
used on all servers.
So the image is store on 1 filesystem, it would complicate things to have
let say 10 servers image in one filesystem and  12 in another....
One mount point that can grow make this sysadmin life easier and earlier at
home