Recovering lost file...

Here goes the story...

I was manipulating a picture (jpg)  with gimp and mistakingly saved
the file instead of doing a save as.   I assume that what gimp did was
to write the new file then ulink the old one.   Now I found the adress
where the original file starts and I cand read the first 8192 bytes of
it. I found it by searching for the dateand time specified in the jpeg
header which did not change from the original file to the new.    Is
there a way to find the missing blocks?

Thanks in advance.