recover data from linear raid

christian evilninja at gmx.net
Sun Jun 25 03:30:35 UTC 2006

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Dimitris Zilaskos wrote:
> scientific linux 3.0.7 installation. However, the raid array was not detected
> ( I put the disks on the same channels and same master/lsave setup as in the

well, first of all: you have to make sure that your raid array is set up
correctly. no fs-magic can help here if the underlying blockdevice has
been mangled.

> previous setup). In fact fdisk reports that the disks are not
> partitioned.

perhaps the raid-array has been created from disks, not from partitions?
e.g.
   - /dev/md0 out of /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, /dev/sdc
      instead of
   - /dev/md0 out of /dev/sda1, /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdc2

> dd on the disks  and strings on the resulting file. The data is there but
> fsck complains about superblocks and fails.

please provide errorlogs, fsck's, fdisk's output of what you did...

--
BOFH excuse #385:

Dyslexics retyping hosts file on servers