FS corruption? bogus i_mode

Rajaraman Ramanarayanan ramanara at cse.psu.edu
Thu Oct 26 18:35:52 UTC 2006

On Thu, 26 Oct 2006, Christian Kujau wrote:

> ROFL, this really is the best setup I've read about on ext3-users ;)

Thanks! ;) Thats what my research is about - To test the effect of neutron
induced errors on memories, processors etc.

> So, if this would be reproducible, one could activate the in-kernel debug
> flags or more specifically JBD_DEBUG or even try kdb[0] to see what's going
> on. Oh, and when we can see corruption patterns while
> the system is exposed to your special environment, I'd love to test the patch
> introducing CONFIG_EXT3_NEUTRON ;)

I have seen this only once. So as of now it is not reporoducible, and i
definitely cannot predict if and when it can occur. Also I am not familiar
with activating debug flags, Is there any document that i can refer to for
these.. or is it something i have to figure out myself? Thanks!

Rajaraman