Re: How To Recover From Creating >2TB ext3 Filesystem on MSDOS Partition Table?

On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 at 2:00pm, Jon Forrest wrote

Regarding #2, there are a number of places where very knowledgeable
people describe the danger in creating >2TB file systems on msdos
partition tables but I haven't seen an explanation of the fundemental
problem. I would love to learn this (I'm not doubting that it's true).

AIUI, msdos disk labels use a 32bit integer to describe the length of a partition. 2^32*512byte blocks=2TiB.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering