No file system full message

tweeks tweeks at rackspace.com
Thu May 24 19:39:21 UTC 2007

On Thursday 24 May 2007 12:35, Dwaine Mark wrote:
> Hello, I am fairly new to RH Linux but very experienced in unix. I am
> trying to generate a file system full message when I fill up an ext3 file
> system. Once the file system fills up I am expecting a message like File
> System xxxx full. but I do not get this or any message. I have modified the
> lvm.conf to send to syslog and set the messages to as verbose as I can.

Try it as a non root user.

Tweeks

> get lvm mesages in the file but nogting when the file system is full. Can
> someone tell me what has to be done to get the file system full message and
> in my syslog. Thanks
> Connect to the next generation of MSN Messenger
> http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/default.aspx?locale=en-us&source=
>wlmailtagline

expressly indicated, is confidential and privileged information of Rackspace
Managed Hosting. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed
material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please
notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse at rackspace.com, and delete the
original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.