Re: fs periodic check (was Re: 2.6.22-rc1 killed my ext3 filesystem cleanly unmounted)

On Monday May 28, tytso mit edu wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 05:39:11PM +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > Right. Could we get more helpful message here? 'Filesystem check on
> > next boot on AC power'?
> So "(check deferred; on battery)" wasn't explicit enough?  I guess I
> assumed that users would understand that the opposite of "on battery"
> was "on AC power".  I guess I could say "(check defferred 'til on AC
> power)" if people think it would be clearer.

So when I use my travelling power adapter which I plug into the 12V-DC
power in my car, and it delivers DC power to my notebook.....
My note book tells me that I am using AC power....

I really think "AC" as the opposite of "battery" is wrong and should
be stamped out everywhere, certainly not introduced here.

"external power" maybe?

  Check deferred until system is externally powered.