Problem with file system

Naxor ameet.nanda at wipro.com
Wed Oct 24 09:55:44 UTC 2007

While I untar a large archive on  xfs , ext3 (ver 1.3 and ver 1.4) file
systems , on ppc processor and kernel ver 2.6.21 , I get an error. Also
sometimes, on ext3 (1.3 and 1.4) the file system goes read-only while
untarring.
The same tar file when untarred on a i386 machine works properly.

ERROR:
tar: Skipping to next header

gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data--crc error
tar: Child returned status 1