Re: remounting ext3 file systems

As long as you don't don't set any other options which would disrupt with what the running processes are doing with the files on that filesystem, you should be fine.

(for example: remounting the system readonly while files were open rw would be problematic for the processes involved, and I don't know what would happen if  you remounted a filesystem nodev while people had devices open on it).