journal on an ssd

Chris Worley worleys at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 17:23:31 UTC 2008

Look at: http://www.fusionio.com/Products.aspx
At 120K IOPS @1K blocks, it should make for a very good journaling device.

It's not an SSD per se; it bypasses old disk controllers altogether (very
innovative block device design).

The block device layer and hardware are tailored for NAND
failure idiosyncrasies... which results in their data loss is less than any
available SSD or rotating disk.

Put two together in a RAID1 configuration to compensate for device failures
(assure you have 2 PCIe x8 slots available).

Chris