Compute the real total size of a partition formated in EXT3

Stephane Cerveau scerveau at awox.com
Mon Feb 7 17:17:48 UTC 2011

Thank you for your answer.
And how can I calculate all this things (inode tables, allocation bitmaps, reserved space, and a few other things).
There is no way to know this system used space independently from the files stored on the FS ?
Because I'm doing a user interface where the user could be disturb to see that after even a format the size available is not equal to the total size ;)
Best regards.

Stephane.