Re: extcarve - ext2,ext3,ext4 file carving tool

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 6:49 PM, Jidong Xiao <jidong xiao gmail com> wrote:
My file system is ext3.

In addition, my partition size is very large, it is 400GB. Is that a problem?

I tried extcarve at two machines, both got the same results, i.e.,
only generated some 4KB non-sense files there.

ext3 shouldn't be a problem. Give a try with "-i" option,  for the third input provide 256 as input. So that , It'll try upto 1MB files.
----
Please enter increased block limit:(default is 12) :256
----
Does that produce files greater than 4KB size ?

Jidong

--
----
Cheers,