Let's re-start a discussion about role-based SIGs

Karsten 'quaid' Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed May 21 17:27:23 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 12:11 -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> > Right, as in every other subproject, the key is finding enough process
> > to make sure we can scale this effort meaningfully, without creating so
> > much that people are bogged down to the point they can't do the work.
> > Interestingly, I think the recent reorientation of the Docs Project[1]
> > fits neatly into the role-based organization.
>
> I wish I could make it to fudcon to have a pizza and beer session with
> SIG and subproject reps concerning this.  There really isn't a lot
> here in terms of mandates or policies.  I don't even need all of
> projects to get on board initially for this to be profitable. I just
> need enough people to be willing to try to work this way. And if its
> beneficial then I expect other groups to try the role based idea.

My prediction -- you'll be surprised how many people will like the idea.

As much as we'd love to see ya at FUDCon, I don't think this is a
requirement for the role-based SIGs idea to move ahead.

People are always interested in making less mess and more grokking from
the chaos.

- Karsten
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41