CD/DVD labels

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Thu Oct 12 13:32:17 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:

>>> I prefer Diana's :)
>>
>> As do I.  It would be nice to see some exterior art that also matches
>> the new theme more closely.  I was under the impression that the
>> difference between using full-color art or using limited-palette art on
>> the exterior CD jacket/wallet/sleeve is much smaller than on the disc
>> itself.  If that's the case, perhaps using the beautiful wallpaper
>> default as the basis for the exterior art would be a good choice.
>
> Thats not the only difference. We have to print CD/DVD labels on several
> events and costs would escalate steeply depending on the number of
> colors we use on.

BTW, Diana's image uses the dark-blue color on the logo, so the image
actually uses three colors: white, blue, dark blue.

   1. Keep it as it is.

   2. Reduce the colors to two. This is against the logo guidelines so
it's not actually a choice.

   3. Since we have the dark blue there, use it on the main design as
well for a better result.

   4. If 2 happens, probably consider using the dark blue as the
background color, since it will match the FC6 theme better.

I'd vote for 4, but that would mean extra work for someone.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos at jabber.org, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B