Thinking ahead: some FC7 ideas - Initial concept

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Oct 19 10:48:34 UTC 2006

Luya Tshimbalanga wrote:
> I decided to take some initiative to do a mockup for future Fedora
> desktop. Description available on :
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/LuyaTshimbalanga/mockups

This is not the first mockup I see where the menu in anchored to the
right. I wonder about its usability: Fitts' law states the points closer
to the corner are easier to reach, so in this case "Help" is the easiest
to reach menu option and the position of "File", which arguably is the
most used for some applications, is unpredictable.
Can we have input from an usability expert?

--
nicu