About the mascot

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Aug 22 12:58:21 UTC 2007

María Leandro wrote:
> I think is a delicated issue. To pic a mascot, we "should" think about
> animals in danger of extinction, but this would unduly favour some of
> them. So when I made my propose, I was thinking not just of one, rather,
> of several,  but to make a unique mascot that could be more symbolic.
> (don't wanna say USE MINE!.. just the idea...)

What I hoped for was convergence: after a certain number of proposals
are submitted, people start playing with and improving the images
submitted by the other and when *a lot* of people converge on playing by
their own will with one single mascot, we can be certain we found a winner.

> So, why don't we make a list of which animals are in danger of
> extinction and join them to make a new one?

I am not sure, we can come with a *huge* list with endangered species
but we have not solved anything until someone draw *cute* images of them.
Also, some of those species may be not well known outside a certain
geographical area (they are endangered) so people may ask: what is that?
(but as an apposite argument, something less known is geekier and may
appeal better to our current audience).