Infinity GDM mockup

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Fri Aug 31 12:59:09 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:33 +0200, Mark wrote:
> An idea (posted in another thread as well) wouldn't it be better to
> use the rhgb image in GDM as well? it will give fedora a nice uniform
> look.

Uniform look does not necessarily mean that you will have everything
same... The rhgb image IMHO would not work for GDM and vice versa.

> A few suggestions for this infinity GDM mockup:
> 1. make the black shadow smaller
The shadow could be more transparent... But actually its not black ;-)

> 2. add fading lines between users (?)
Now I don't think I understand what you exactly mean by that.

> 3. add a glow in the users background part (that looks to boring now)
Sometimes simple look is better than glows everywhere, but it can maybe
work there, depends on how it is done...

> or add some of those little stars that are in the background (upper
> right corner) as well

IMHO not. That's too distracting.

Feel free to add your mockups, it's actually easy to edit them in
inkscape. All sources are freely available, the svgs for the mockups are
in the same folder [1] as pngs, the icons used are from the gnome icon
set (fedora uses mist as default which inherits these from gnome; you'll
have it probably installed) the background is from Infinity Round3 final
page [2] and the pictures in the facebrowser are
in /usr/share/pixmaps/faces.

Martin