Link for official F9 theme proposal

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Dec 10 08:30:01 UTC 2007

Michael Beckwith wrote:
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/F9Themes/Freedom

Interesting. I am curious how this would look in full color. Do you plan
  for strong, full saturated colors?

> Enjoy. I'll post more sketches of ideas later.

You should avoid the "Freedom" text or *any* other text. It does not
work in our multilingual settings, I believe we have a guideline
somewhere saying the wallpaper should not include any text.
You may want to replace such text with an icon, but I feel the broken
chain has the potential to work well enough as an icon.

Another thing to consider in an multi-cultural context like ours: in
some cultures hand gestures have completely different meanings that you
are used to (and may be offensive: one finger, two fingers, the open
pal, the fist, etc.).