[fedora-java] Hello and SVN subclipse plugin

Robert Marcano robert at marcanoonline.com
Fri Apr 21 15:54:07 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 09:20 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> Robert> The SVNClient class is not found by gij, but when it is ran under Sun
> Robert> JVM, it is found.
>
> Tom> Do you get a stack trace in the .log file (or elsewhere)?
> Tom> That might help us diagnose the problem.
>
> Mark pointed out that you did supply a backtrace and I just didn't
> see it there in front of me.  Sorry about that.
>
> This looks strange:
>
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.tigris.subversion.javahl.SVNClient not found in gnu.gcj.runtime.SystemClassLoader{urls=[file:/usr/share/eclipse/startup.jar], parent=gnu.gcj.runtime.ExtensionClassLoader{urls=[], parent=null}}

debugging with (it is an static method)

System.out.println(JhlClientAdapter.class.getClassLoader());

showed:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseClassLoader at 2d78620

> ... since it doesn't seem like it should be using the system class
> loader here.  But sometimes these class-not-found traces are odd.
>
> I guess I would start by trying to see what class loader is really
> being used to load this code.  If that is wrong things usually go bad;
> then you'd have to track down why that went wrong.
>
> If it is the right loader (and the error message is what is weird)
> then the problem may be simpler to track down... bad linking or
> something.
>
> Are you BC-compiling this code?  You can try interpreting, sometimes
> that makes link problems go away.  In this case there may be some
> workarounds...

I disabled aot-compile-rpm for the svnClientAdapter and subclipse RPMs
in order to run with the interpreter, the same problem

> Tom

Robert Marcano
マルカノ・ロバート。日本語の学生。

web: http://www.marcanoonline.com/
gpg --keyserver hkp://pgp.mit.edu/ --recv-key 72A0DCFD