Traffic shaping broken with kernel errata

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Aug 11 23:35:52 UTC 2004

--On Wednesday, August 11, 2004 4:03 PM -0500 Chris Adams
<cmadams at hiwaay.net> wrote:

> This is a public mailing list, Bugzilla is a public database.  Don't
> like you address being there, then don't use it there.

Tip: If you use sendmail on your mailbox server, use a plussed address when
subscribing to systems that don't obfuscate your address in their archives.
You can then use a procmail recipe to filter stuff using that address to a
separate folder, and make it easier to track what archive a spammer is
harvesting addresses from. For example:

shiva+fedora_dev_plussed_example at sewingwitch.com

This will get delivered to my shiva account and the stuff after the plus
sign (ignored by sendmail) will be available for post-delivery analysis.