New Packages for Extras

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 10:25:46 UTC 2005

Matthias Saou wrote:
> Warren Togami wrote :
>

>>seth vidal wrote:
>>
>>> php-mmcache
>>
>>I recall reading somewhere that this is a dead project, and there is a
>>forked active project of a different name somewhere?  Anyone know what
>>the story is here?
>

> Yes. To make it short, Zend hired the author, probably because his great
> little piece of software was making too much "harm" to their Performance
> Suite software... but the wonders of free software licensing, and some
> people still interested in the project made the rest : eaccelerator.
>
> I've already got packages for that one, as it is _very_ similar to mmcache,
> I guess I could just go ahead and import it? Sounds ok?

Sounds OK, but perhaps we should have the other guy become involved with
maintenance of that package in Extras?  Maybe work with him in future
maintenance?  I am a bit concerned about the burden of the large number
of packages under your sole maintainership. =)

Would php-mmcache be Obsoleted and removed then?

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com