[Fedora-ia64-list] Kernel & install available -- does it work?

Prarit Bhargava prarit at redhat.com
Fri Jul 15 12:28:23 UTC 2005

Prarit Bhargava wrote:

>> I tried to install with the current boot.img and ELILO appears to
>> "spin" while unpacking the kernel.
>>

> The boot.img cramfs wasn't big enough -- RH is going to bump the size up
> a bit  :)

I modified this setting in my own build environment, and used the resultant
boot.img, netstg images, etc., to perform a network installation.

And it worked :)

     Fedora Core release 4 (Rawhide)
     Kernel 2.6.12-1.1422_FC5 on an ia64

     ia64_goodness login:

I hope that the changes to increase the ramfs image make it into a build within
the next week or so.

I'm going to set up various bugzillas, etc., for ia64...

P.