[Fedora-ia64-list] HP Integrity boot problem - Fusion MPT driver doesn't work as a module

Doug Chapman dchapman at redhat.com
Fri May 5 17:29:04 UTC 2006

I have determined the issue that was preventing the HP Integrity servers
(rx2600, zx6000, zx2000) not to boot the recent rawhide ia64 kernels.
For some reason the Fusion MPT scsi driver does not seem to be working
as a module.  This is not just a Fedora issue, I can reproduce it on
2.6.16.13 from kernel.org as well.

The workaround that worked for me was to set CONFIG_SCSI,
CONFIG_FUSION_SPI and CONFIG_FUSION_CTL all to "y" instead of "m".

So, this doesn't fix the install problem but if you already have FC5
installed you should be able to grab the SRPM and compile an updated
kernel.

I will see about reporting this issue to the right place (once I figure
out where that is).

- Doug