[Fedora-ia64-list] F8 for ia64 now available

Doug Chapman dchapman at redhat.com
Mon Dec 10 19:56:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-10 at 12:32 -0700, John L. Bass wrote:
> Doug writes:
>
> > There simply are not enough resources in our
> > relatively small Fedora-ia64 community to do both respins of Fedora 8
> > _and_ rawhide.
>
> Ok, I'll go away till April ... it's obvious that volunteering to provide
> pre-release testing isn't of value, and without it Fedora ia64 repeats the
> mistake of botched iso releases. I've had this discussion off-line with
> Prarit over prior broken iso's. It seems we need to agree to disagree
> that the ia64 teams view of try an iso build once and move on, rather than
> releases are a process of test cycles that produce closure with working
> product.
>
> John

John,

Your testing feedback _is_very_much_appreciated_.  Please do not get the
idea that it is not.  Keep in mind that just because we have not fixed
your specific problem does not mean that great progress has not been
made.  There were a lot of issues that prevented composing the iso's at
all and others that prevented booting or installation completely.

There have been a vast number of issues that I have had to address, most
in the building area.  This is going to allow us to do regular builds of
the rawhide nightly trees.  Once the fedora secondary architecture
infrastructure is in place this will happen automatically on a nightly
basis.  In the meantime I hope to do weekly builds.

This is the place where we can continue to fix things like the GUI
install not working.  These iso images can be rebuilt as needed.  I am
not arguing that the issue needs to be fixed, only saying that it should
be addressed in the rawhide build.

- Doug