[Fedora-ia64-list] Fedora-ia64 rawhide package status

Zhan, Yi yi.zhan at intel.com
Fri Dec 21 03:43:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-21 at 10:21 +0800, Zhan, Yi wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-19 at 18:29 -0500, Doug Chapman wrote:
> > I have updated our wiki page with a list of packages that failed to
> > build on my attempt at building rawhide from a couple days ago.  Also,
> > the page shows current BZs for issues blocking Fedora-ia64.  Many more
> > BZs will need to be filed as there are still 162 packages that have
> > build errors.
> >

> Thanks Doug :-)
>
> Do we need to build all the rawhide packages on its own? I tried to
> build the 162 failed packages by using the F8's everything repo in mock
> and, a bit surprising, more than 50 packages could build cleanly on my
> machine. In particular, I did not encounter the python-sqlite2 and
> dogtail build issues which you have filed BZs for. And almost all the
> python-* packages  build cleanly. So I'm guessing that the
> '/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/*-py2.5.egg-info' issues might be
> introduced by something other than the packages themselves.

The issue was introduced by a recent change in the python package. This
blocks about 21 python-* packages to get build. See BZ #414711 for
reference.

The change log in python.spec says:

* Fri Dec  7 2007 James Antill <jantill at redhat.com> - 2.5.1-18
- Create a python-test sub-module, over 3MB of stuff noone wants.
- Don't remove egginfo files, try this see what happens ... may revert.
- Resolves: rhbz#414711

Thanks,
Yi