[Fedora-ia64-list] F8 for ia64 now available

Doug Chapman dchapman at redhat.com
Fri Nov 23 17:18:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-22 at 16:34 +0800, Zhan, Yi wrote:

> Thanks for your work :) I have installed it on my tiger box successfully
> (in text mode), most of things worked fine. But the GUI install method
> didn't work, it seems that X server didn't start normally so I had no
> chance to see the X window yet. I will try to locate this one and post a
> detailed description later.

There were several X server packages that failed to build.  I am
guessing that this may be why X doesn't start on your system.  I have
not had a chance to look into why they don't build yet.

> One more question :) Does the build issue of perl stuff still exists?

Many of the perl packages fail to build still.  When I built this
release however I did grab the noarch perl packages from an x86_64 build
so that works around many of the issues but there are still some binary
perl packages that we need that are missing.

- Doug