[Fedora-ia64-list] FW: [Fedora-ia64-committee] Xibin Liu would take over my duties onFedora IA64

Zhan, Yi yi.zhan at intel.com
Wed Aug 27 08:15:30 UTC 2008

Oops, forgot to Cc fedora-ia64-list.

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-ia64-committee-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:fedora-ia64-committee-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Zhan, Yi
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 12:44 PM
To: Doug Chapman; Prarit Bhargava; Dennis Gilmore
Cc: fedora-ia64-committee at redhat.com; yzhan4 at gmail.com
Subject: [Fedora-ia64-committee] Xibin Liu would take over my duties
onFedora IA64

Hi colleagues on fedora ia64,

I'm leaving Intel soon. We Intel still want to commit more on Fedora
IA64 to keep it in a good shape so as to have a good base for RHEL IA64.
So the contributions to Fedora IA64 won't stop just because my leaving.
The build & release duties I currently have on fedora ia4 project will
be taken over by Xibin Liu. Xibin is a linux engineer working at Intel
OTC, and he would commit about half of his working hours to Fedora ia64
project.

As we all know, since the strange koji builders' issue, we have no new
builds for over a month. Fedora IA64 has missed Fedora 10 alpha and
would miss beta's release date as well if the builders can't back to
normal within reasonable days. So Xibin would commit some full time
days/weeks to catch up and make the beta release tree once the builders
come back.

I will still available for Fedora IA64 as an individual but might
limited more by time. Please use yzhan4 at gmail.com to contact me in
future.

Thanks much,
Yi

P.S. we will need some account setup helping for Xibin when the koji
server come back, such as an user account on the server and the
privilege on koji for adding/deleting tags, building hacked up packages,
etc.