[Fedora-ia64-list] FC9 boot problem

Ramirez, DanielX danielx.ramirez at intel.com
Wed Sep 3 19:54:46 UTC 2008

I am trying to install FC9 on an old Intel SR87BH2 server, and I have
run into a strange problem.  It aborts in elilo with the following
error:

ELILO BOOT elilo.c (line 78) cannot find a loader for vmlinuz

The server has been upgraded to Montecito dual core Itanium 2
processors, and has the latest BIOS/Firmware I am able to find.  I tried
both the DVD and CD versions, and both get the same error.  Both ISO's
pass the MD5 check OK.  FC8 installs fine, so that's what I am using,
but I'd really like to upgrade to FC9.  Is there something different
about elilo in FC9, or is this a bug of some kind?  Any help would be
appreciated.

     Dan

Daniel E. Ramirez

CompuCom Systems Inc.