[Fedora-ia64-list] SPARC, IA64 Ports Of Ubuntu Face Decommissioning

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Tue Jun 15 08:12:09 UTC 2010

I lent LaMont an Intel SR870BH2 dual server running Debian desktop on
Sunday so he can clean up some things for that reference platform. I
will make a quad SR870BN4 available if needed. He has an older HP server
that has been supporting the effort for a while now. As soon as Ubuntu
is stable on my Intel/Dell SR870 boxes, I will be moving all my
desktops, servers and clusters over to Ubuntu after running
Redhat/Fedora for 15 years.

LaMont had shared with me a while back that we need to find some more
developers to help with testing and debugging Itanium specific issues in
supported packages. He believes that if we clean up some package issues,
and kernel module issues, that we can keep IA64 on the release path for
Ubuntu. I will provide LaMont testing help as I have time, and kernel
help as I come up to speed.

Feel free to contact LaMont directly if you would like to help too.

Have fun,
John