[Fedora-India] Queries regarding the Free media project in India

Wed Jul 8 02:41:21 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Rahul
Sundaram<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On 07/06/2009 09:20 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:
>

>> I know that "blue dart" provides such "service". The Australian high
>> commission in Delhi has such a "contract" with them.
>
> The amount of couriers we are going to be sending is lower than them and
> it would end up costing a bomb shell. I would gladly outsource the
> couriering/media replication etc to a separate agency if they charge
> reasonable rates and would take care of it entirely. I haven't found one.

In most of the discussions around FreeMedia, the thread eventually
boils down to "there are more requests than there are volunteers to
service those requests and, the costs of courier are exponentially
high". How about looking at the problem in terms of folks are
requesting for media (note the absence of the the phrase "free of
cost") and, we need to think up a way to route the media to these
folks ? Or, in other words, how many routes can we think up that would
get the media to them ?