Infrastructure SCM

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 2 18:16:49 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 11:24:39AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Monday 02 July 2007 10:50:39 Axel Thimm wrote:
> > +1. There's also better intergration with other tools like trac,
> > and it's written in Fedora's favourite script language, so when
> > something comes up we'd be able to attack it instead of submitting
> > feature requests.
>
> The Trac integration is only marginally better than git's.  It's
> still missing a lot and could use just about as much love as the
> alpha git plugin.

In the trac camp there's love for mercurial but not for git, don't ask
me why. Also when 0.10 hit the streets mercurial support for it was
working and managable, while git was in "experimental planning stage".

But don't rust me, just look at the metrics, the changelog of the
mercurial plugin at trac goes until 20070628, e.g. a couple of days
ago, while the gitplugin's last date is 20061111 (8 months) and OLPC's
git efforts go until 20060822 (10 months).

So, it's actually quite far from calling the difference in support
between mercurial and git "marginal", perhaps it's more like existing
and not. ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net