xawtv behaving badly, vertical bars distoring image

Gregory Gulik greg at gulik.org
Thu Jan 15 18:20:20 UTC 2004

I tried all the -no* options listed in the man page with no change.

I noticed in the man page there is an "fbtv" program that does basically
the same thing directly to the frame buffer.  I tried running it in VC1
outside of X and I get the error:

Can't open: /dev/fb0: No such device

The video card in question is an ATI Rage 128 Pro Ultra:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Rage 128 Pro
Ultra TF

--
Greg Gulik                                 http://www.gulik.org/greg/
greg @ gulik.org