It's time to play that Name Game again!

Alan Cox alan at redhat.com
Thu Aug 17 21:02:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 03:31:12PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> FC2 was Tettnang, FC3 was Heidelberg, FC4 was Stentz, and FC5 is  Bordeaux
> What we need is a name that is related to Bordeaux, but not in the same way
> that Bordeaux is related to Stentz.  Extra credit if there is a semi-easy way
> out of the name for FC7.
>
> Please start discussing, I'd like to have a list of good names to throw
> at Legal later next week.
>
> PS: The suggestion that won last year was:
>
> Why not "Bordeaux" ?
>
> In France, Aimé Stentz is a pretty big wine producer.. :)
>
> So obviously can't really be an Alcohol theme.

Edinburgh ?			(Film festivals)
Bourget				(French writers)
Wayne				(Sasha Bordeaux->Bruce Wayne)
				(and then we can go to rhapsody (bo'rap from Waynes world)
Zod				(Because)

SanJose				(Places whose mayors had to resign in scandals)
				[lots of options there ;)]

				(Ideally somewhere where it was also an
				 ex PM tho...)

Pitbull				(Dogue de Bordeaux - dog fighting dogs)
rottweiler
tosa
boxer