Status of update to OpenEXR-1.4.x

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Nov 8 18:44:53 UTC 2006

Jochen Schmitt wrote:

>> The upgrade to 1.4.x went well (no problems reported).  Is there
>> interest in backporting this to fc5 as well?
>
> Thank you for the clarification.

After a bit more digging and research, it's not clear that upstream will
support the 1.2.x codebase (much) anymore, and since the performance
improvements in 1.4.x (multithreading) are compelling, I'll plan on
pushing an fc5 update to OpenEXR-1.4.x first thing Thu Nov 16 morning.

I can help with the openexr-dependent app rebuild effort Thu morning.
These apps include (afaict using repoquery):
kdegraphics-extras(me)
koffice
k3d
fyre
blender

That is, unless I hear any screams from the rooftops...

-- Rex