ACL removal day?!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jun 19 16:46:28 UTC 2007

Steve Dickson wrote:

> Well as long as the maintainer has the final say of what does or
> does not go into the package and who is or is not on the ACL list

Definitely. Would you support giving blanket permission to select groups
like FESCo or Fedora Security Team?

> Just curious... Do (or have) other distro opened up their packages
> to the world? I know FreeBSD does not... There is a maintainer
> list one need to be on to do commits...  So is Fedora leading
> the pack this area??

Nobody is suggesting that packages be opened up to the entire world.
The current discussion is about whether only the package maintainers
should get access by default with ACL's blocking everybody else out or
whether every maintainer should get access to a common package pool by
default with exceptions as explicitly requested by package maintainers.

Rahul